Happy New Year!! The snow and cold make sewing Sundays guilt free! They provide the purr-fect excuse to stay in and sew.
For 2018, I’m working on my PHD (projects half done).
My cousin, Gail Sheppard, has laid out a challenge and is awarding fellow quilters their PHD if they accomplish the specified goal of finishing at least 12 projects half done. See her post linked below.
While I tried to work on no more than 2 projects at a time, just into my second quilty year I already found myself overwhelmed with projects I want to do, some I need to do, and others just because. I found that I actually had enough PHDs to qualify for this challenge…YIKES!!
Here is my PHD list (pictures below in order) and the progress since Gail laid out the challenge:
- Dresden quilt – started Aug 2016; blocks made, fabric purchased – no progress this period
- Autumn leaves quilt – has a deadline; fabric purchased and pattern selected – no progress this period
- Feathered star quilt – one block made Sep 2017 – no progress this period
- Delectable Mountains quilt – flimsy done except for borders – borders done, ready to sandwich, need to buy backing
- Little Girl quilt – has a deadline ; fabric purchased and pattern (this is next on my to do list ) – flimsy (and borders) done, ready to sandwich, need to buy backing
- Christmas quilt #2 – blocks started – flimsy and borders done, ready to sandwich, need to buy backing
- Christmas quilt #3 – fabric purchased, pattern pending – no progress this period
- Winnie the Pooh baby quilt – sandwiched, ready to FMQ – FMQ in progress
- Bibs baby quilt – sandwiched, ready to FMQ – no progress this period
- Lewe the Ewe baby quilt – FMQ started – FMQ done, label ready to see on
- Secret quilt – fabric purchased – no progress this period
- Blues quilt – sandwiched, ready to FMQ – no progress this period
As I make progress I will post updated pictures but this is a picture of what I’ve been working on.
And, now only a few days into the new year I received word of a friend’s milestone birthday this year, which of course means I have to add another project on my TO DO list. I’m thinking I might use the “Storm at Sea” pattern. This project won’t count towards my PHD but no matter.
Good luck to my fellow PHD contenders!
..and to all, a good sew