Hi! I’m Terry and welcome to my blog.
This summer I am coming up to the end of my second year quilting – it seems like I’ve been doing it forever, in a good way!
This year I have two areas of focus: Earning my PHD, and participating in the Blog Hop.
The first is a challenge presented by my cousin, Gail, who lives in BC. Although we grew up across the country, her inspiration and encouragement has helped me find my quilting path, and (for me) has helped to deepen our connection as well as many other connections within the family. She truly has stitched the family together.
Gail started a challenge to work on your PHD. In this case, it’s Projects Half Done.
I had been following her blog, so when I saw this challenge, it piqued my interest. But oh, no…one of the rules was you needed to have a minimum of 12 projects to complete in the year. No waaay would I, after having been quilting only about a year and a half, have that many UFOs!!
Well whaddya know…I did find 12. Poopers. Oh, I mean Yea!!! I can work on my PHD. COOL!!
My previous blog posts talk about the progress so far, so I invite you to browse through those older posts. This post I’m announcing I’ve completed my 5th of the 12 UFOs on my PHD list! Whoop Whoop!
I’ve been working on the Blues quilt. This one had already been sandwiched (for quilters I think it should actually be “sandwished”) when the PHD challenge started, so I didn’t have too much to left to do on it.
Sew…is it eye candy time yet?!
I’ve discovered I get bored easily when I’m FMQing…so I change things up. Maybe too much? I tend to do what I call “graffiti quilting” … a bit of whatever I feel like. But…I’m happy with the results.
One of the things I like most about this quilt is the name. I’ve been starting my blog posts with the title “Sew Sundays”. (I sew a lot on Sundays, the entire day as often as possible!) Sew, when I finished the binding and sat back to think of a name…the fabric looked very “sunny”, and there were “daisies” in it. Ta Da!! The name:
Summary of my PHD list (5/12 Done):
- Dresden quilt – started Aug 2016; flimsy done, ready to sandwich
- Autumn leaves quilt – flimsy in progress – no progress this period
- Feathered star quilt – one block made Sep 2017 – no progress this period
- Delectable Mountains quilt – ready to sandwich – no progress this period
- Little Girl quilt – DONE Jan 2018, gifted March 4, 2018
- Christmas quilt #2 – ready to sandwich – no progress this period
- Christmas quilt #3 – fabric purchased, pattern pending – no progress this period
- Winnie the Pooh baby quilt – DONE (Jan 14 post)
- Bibs baby quilt -DONE (Mar 18 post)
- Lewe the Ewe baby quilt – DONE (Jan 14 post)
- Secret quilt – fabric purchased – pattern: Alter-ego – no progress this period
- Blues quilt – DONE (Apr 8 post)
The other focus right now is participating in the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop.
Since I’m new to blogging, as well as quilting, I thought it may be a good idea to join the hop and see what else I should learn that I don’t even know I should know. The purpose of my blog is for fun! It’s a way for me to share.
I am part of hive3 along with the following ladies…take a moment to hop over and see what they are up to!
~ Link ups ~
Happy sewing and enjoy your Sunday!