I have to confess – I found this post in my drafts – and it was originally titled “June (seriously? It’s almost June?)”. Just goes to show how easily time passes when you’re not watching.
Sew, June is almost over, and the merry month of May before it is also done. How the months are flying. I sure do hope summer falls on a weekend this year.
I have another finish to share. The second quilt which I added to my to-do list. This one is made as a trade with a friend who will be installing the backsplash in my new kitchen. He wanted a quilt for his new grandson, and wanted to celebrate his favourite team (Toronto Maple Leafs)…I guess he figures it’s never too early to start imposing a grandfather’s influence.
I hope you enjoyed the video I shared last in my last post. This week I’m sharing the wonderful Angela Walters. All of her videos are such a treat – her personality is fresh and fun, inspiring but not intimidating. I have her Shape by Shape books (1 and 2) and use them as my main references when I get Quilters Paralysis (that is, every time I set out to start quilting a new quilt!)
It’s pretty hard to pick a favourite from her portfolio of videos, but I’ve chosen her video on the “Swirl Chain“. It’s a FMQ design that I’m attempting on my current project. I will share the results when I’m finished with that project.
And finally, Melva, of melvalovesscraps has been doing a series of blog posts on family members who quilt called Quilters – Through the Generations. Last week she featured my cousin, Gail (Quilting Gail). This week she has featured my story. Be sure to jump over to Melva’s blog and look at all the stories.
Summary of my PHD list (6/12 Done):
- DONE – Dresden quilt – started Aug 2016 (May 21 post)
- Autumn leaves quilt – flimsy in progress – no progress this period
- Feathered star quilt – one block made Sep 2017 – no progress this period
- Delectable Mountains quilt – removed the borders that were on it. They were just “wrong”. Now I have a new plan and am looking forward to picking up this project again
- DONE – Little Girl quilt – Jan 2018, gifted March 4, 2018
- Christmas quilt #2 – ready to sandwich – no progress this period
- Christmas quilt #3 – fabric purchased, pattern pending – no progress this period
- DONE – Winnie the Pooh baby quilt – (Jan 14 post)
- DONE – Bibs baby quilt – (Mar 18 post)
- DONE – Lewe the Ewe baby quilt – (Jan 14 post)
- Secret quilt – pattern: Alter-ego – FMQ now in progress
- DONE – Blues quilt – (Apr 8 post)
Cheers all and enjoy your Sunday!
~ Link ups ~
Karen – Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats
Gail – Quilting Gail
Ann – Laughing Gas Quilts
Rashida – no3quiltstudio
Stephanie – Lowcountry Quilts and Embroidery
Melva – Melva Loves Scraps