Oh sew much to share this week!
1. Let’s start with – A finish! I finished the Jacob’s Ladder quilt. It’s not on my PHD list but since one of the rules to get my PHD is that any quilts started must be finished, it counts. I enjoyed this pattern. It was simple and fast and fun to do.
2. Last week I shared the finished Dresden quilt. What I didn’t mention was my learning from that one…the danger of blue chalk…
I don’t do much marking when I’m quilting but when I do I usually use blue chalk. This time though the chalk didn’t fully come out in the wash. Yikes! I’m not sure if washing it again and/or using stain remover might help. If you have experienced, and resolved, this problem I would love to know.
3. A special visit…
My cousin Gail (Quilting Gail) and her darling hubby popped in for a visit. Gail lives in BC and I’m in Ontario so its always a special treat when there is an opportunity to be able to connect in person.
She came with a hug from Ann (of Laughing Gas Quilts), so Ann, I wanted to assure you the hug delivery was received.
4. Thinking about which PHD project to pick up next…
Difficult choice there – do I go for the one that will be a fast finish, or the one that challenges me bit and takes all my concentration? Do I pick another one that just needs some quilting, or is it time to take a break and do some piecing?
Hmmm…we will have to see – I know I won’t be picking up the Christmas quilts; tis not the season (yet).
5. And lastly, I will on occasion, share some of my favourite videos. The video this week is the video that broke the barrier for me when it comes to feathers. Since watching this video I have become fearless about feathers.
I don’t do bump back feathers, or traditional feathers. Mine are spineless (lol) and organic. They flow freely and I love sewing them! I feel my feathers are in some ways my signature (I guess everyone’s fmq is actually) and pretty much every quilt I make has some.
Enough about me though…this is meant to give credit where its due – Thank you Quilting with Jeanne. Let me know your thoughts on this video lesson.
Summary of my PHD list (6/12 Done):
- Dresden quilt – DONE- started Aug 2016 (May 21 post)
- Autumn leaves quilt – flimsy in progress – no progress this period
- Feathered star quilt – one block made Sep 2017 – no progress this period
- Delectable Mountains quilt – ready to sandwich – no progress this period
- Little Girl quilt – DONE Jan 2018, gifted March 4, 2018
- Christmas quilt #2 – ready to sandwich – no progress this period
- Christmas quilt #3 – fabric purchased, pattern pending – no progress this period
- Winnie the Pooh baby quilt – DONE (Jan 14 post)
- Bibs baby quilt -DONE (Mar 18 post)
- Lewe the Ewe baby quilt – DONE (Jan 14 post)
- Secret quilt – fabric purchased – pattern: Alter-ego – no progress this period
- Blues quilt – DONE (Apr 8 post)
Cheers all and enjoy your Sunday!